- About UsWe are a multidisciplinary Clinic which integrates holistic and conventional treatments in order to best achieve excellent patient results. Dr Janel has an extensive history in family medicine and specialty practice in digestive medicine, pain management and allergy treatments. Skin Care: Natalie is a holistically trained skin care specialist who uses Light Heat Energy treatments to address and resolve Acne, Psoriasis, Aging Skin and Rosacea. She also provides chemical peels and facial treatments using only botanical, pure formulas.
- New PatientsPlease print out and complete the following forms before your first visit and be sure to arrive 20 minutes before your appointment. This will ensure we get the most out of our first appointment together. There will be a charge for appointments that are missed or cancelled with less than 24 hours notice. Patient Consent Form Patient Information Form Patient Intake Form We are contracted with the following insurance companies: Regence, Permera, Blue Cross, Cigna, Aetna, Lifewise, First Choice, Uniform and many other smaller companies.
- Our ServicesMy philosophy is built on the foundation of achieving your highest optimal health and this means addressing issues from the ground up. I have integrated nutritional, natural and pharmaceutical medicines into a practice that manages family health and individually treats skin diseases, digestive diseases, and manages pain and allergies to food and the environment. We look forward to your visits – Dr Janel
- Food AllergiesLow Dose Immunotherapy is used to successfully resolve: |Food Allergies Sensitivities Intolerances| |Environmental Allergies| |Chemical Sensitivities| |Hay Fever, Asthma, Autoimmune Diseases| |Eczema, Psoriasis, Rashes| This treatment is essential the same principle as “allergy shots” but may be used so that you can start eating the foods that you have been sensitive or allergic to sooner. It is especially effective for those who are overly reactive to many foods or have severe, chronic degenerative diseases (asthma, eczema, autoimmune disease) in association with food allergies, environmental allergies and multiple chemical sensitivities. |LDA Diet Level 1| |LDA Diet Level 2 and 3| |LDA Environmental Allergies Only|
- Learning CenterSign up to the email list to receive periodic updates from Dr. Kathleen Janel. Existing topics can be reviewed in the drop-down menu under Dr. Janel’s Health Column.
- Lyme Disease: Low Dose Allergy Immunotherapy (LDI)
- Seasonal Allergies
- Cholesterol Drugs
- Radio Interview
- Favorite Links
- Newsletter Archive
Specialty Natural Medicine
We are different than most medical clinics. First and foremost, we are a doctor driven clinic. Great you think, but what does that mean? It means that our Doctors solely determine every aspect of how they want to work with you and deliver your care.
What that means for you is:
Did you know that most clinics require Doctors to see a new patient every 11 minutes? And that on average, most Doctors only let a patient speak for 23 seconds before redirecting them? How can you have quality care with those restraints?
Our Doctors reserve at least 30 minutes of time for each patient for the majority of appointments, and one of our Doctors reserves a full hour for your care at each appointment. And every minute is dedicated to your care. That means that you have a chance to discuss your concerns with your Doctor and make sure you are heard.
As for “15 minute appointments”? That only happens if you are coming in solely for a scheduled procedure like a B-12 injection, and we book a shorter appointment for your convenience. We are always happy to book at least 30 minutes for our patients if that is what they want.
Your Time Matters
We never overbook or double book. Never. That means our reception area tends to be a pretty empty place. When you arrive on time for your appointment, our warm staff quickly gather your vitals and get you in your privately reserved exam room. It is not uncommon for patients to never sit down in our waiting room, simply because we are ready for you the second you come in the door. And we do our best to help you check out quickly and efficiently while making sure you receive any and all information that our Doctors want to make sure you need.
You Partner with your Doctor for your Health
One of the innate benefits of having longer appointments is that the Doctors get to form a strong relationship with their patients. This allows our Doctors to work with you to develop personalized treatment plans that take into account all of your health concerns. Our Doctors know that your best health depends on more than just a pill. That is why they take the time to partner with you for your best health.
We Explore All Options with You
Our motto is “Bridging the Gap between Natural and Conventional Medicine”. That is because the Doctors at our clinic use both Naturopathic and Conventional treatments and medication to support you in your healthy body. That allows them to provide medical care that focuses on healing rather than just suppressing symptoms with pharmaceuticals. That is not to say they won’t prescribe medications when needed. Simply that they know that pharmaceuticals are just one tool of many, and that they will always work with you to pick the right tool for your long term health.
We hope you choose to visit us soon. We bill most major insurance and are currently accepting new patients. Click here to book your appointment today, or give us a call at 425-423-0878. If you have any questions, you can always email us at Help@SpecialtyNaturalMedicine.com or explore this site for more information on our clinic, our Doctors and our treatments.